Covering the full range of nursing interventions, Nursing Interventions Classification (NIC), 6th Edition provides a research-based clinical tool to help in selecting appropriate interventions. It standardizes and defines the knowledge base for nursing practice while effectively communicating the nature of nursing. More than 550 nursing interventions are provided ― including 23 NEW labels. As the only comprehensive taxonomy of nursing-sensitive interventions available, this book is ideal for practicing nurses, nursing students, nursing administrators, and faculty seeking to enhance nursing curricula and improve nursing care.
- More than 550 research-based nursing intervention labels with nearly 13,000 specific activities
- Definition, list of activities, publication facts line, and background readings provided for each intervention.
- NIC Interventions Linked to 2012-2014 NANDA-I Diagnoses promotes clinical decision-making.
- New! Two-color design provides easy readability.
- 554 research-based nursing intervention labels with nearly 13,000 specific activities.
- NEW! 23 additional interventions include: Central Venous Access Device Management, Commendation, Healing Touch, Dementia Management: Wandering, Life Skills Enhancement, Diet Staging: Weight Loss Surgery, Stem Cell Infusion and many more.
- NEW! 133 revised interventions are provided for 49 specialties, including five new specialty core interventions.
- NEW! Updated list of estimated time and educational level has been expanded to cover every intervention included in the text.